- DESIGN: PRIMO is a meaningful, valuable and quality kids ride on toys for 1 year old – 2 – 3 – 5 year olds made of metal in a simple timeless design.
- GREAT GIFT: PRIMO toddler scooters for boys and girls are the perfect gift for your child, grandchild or beloved one. PRIMO features very easy one-step assembly in minutes (necessary tools included).
- PIECE OF ART: Stylish, nostalgic classic Italian design PRIMO scooter is the must-have for kids ages 1 to 5 and collector piece for classic vehicle enthusiast and design lovers.
- COMFORT RIDING: PRIMO self-propelled (no motor or batteries!) kids scooter provides a quiet and smooth ride while offering the necessary stability and support for your kid at the same time protects your floors and ensures that the wheels last longer.
- AWARD-WINNING: The winner of THE BEST TOY 2019 given by ASTRA, The American Specialty Toy Retailing Association.
Also available in other colors (Yellow, Blue, Pink and Orange). Please call the Kenmore (425 408-0021) store to check availability.
The story of Ambosstoys and PRIMO – a timeless design toy!
Most of the commonly used toys in these days are made from plastic and last for just one season, if at all. Children are getting used to these properties and adapt their behavior to it. Objects break easily, are irreparable and thus must be thrown away. Short-lived, fast and valueless characterize many today’s toys. These unsustainable trends of many present-day toys and the passion for classic vehicles sparked the idea of Ambosstoys. The founders had the vision of creating toys in timeless designs (like classic vehicles) and made of metal sheets that hold for a lifetime. ‘Amboss’ means anvil in German, hence Ambosstoys as the anvil is synonym for handcraft, metal and longevity. In other words, the mission of Ambosstoys is to offer quality, meaningful and valuable toys made of metal in a classic timeless design. You buy value when purchasing toys from Ambosstoys! The first product of Ambosstoys is called “PRIMO”, a ride-on toy in the design of a classic Italian scooter.
The timeless toy design of PRIMO was developed over several years by the founder of Ambosstoys. Multiple hand-made clay models were used to build prototypes. These were then converted into metal frames by hand and refined over several rounds until the most aesthetic and visually appealing design was achieved. That final design was then 3D rendered in CAD and converted into multiple heavy iron-molds (some measure several hundred kilograms). The frame of PRIMO is very aesthetical and appears visually very simple. However, the manufacturing is very complex and thus is the key value adding factor of PRIMO.
Ambosstoys is using only quality and durable materials (e.g. metal sheets, steel tubes, powder coating, artificial leather and hard plastic) processed via labor-intensive manufacturing. All materials are individually tested by TuV. Ambosstoys fulfills the mandatory US and EU toy safety and material standards. US CPSC & ASTM F963-17, EU 2009/48/EC, DIN EN 71.
- An aluminum trim is mounted around the leg-shield for stability, protection and vintage look.
- The tires are made from black plastic and include a white wall ring for an authentic classic look.
- The seat has a soft cushion covered with artificial leather for maximal comfort and old-fashioned look.
- The frame and mudguard have a 3D design line (adding as well to stability).